Green Economy Employment Program
For Internationally Trained Persons with Project Management, Quality Assurance, Research & Development or Civil Engineering
The Green Economy program provides orientation, training and employment opportunities in the growing Green Sector to Internationally Trained Individuals with backgrounds in project management, quality assurance, research and development, or civil engineering in their own country.
MicroSkills is working in partnership with The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University to assist internationally skilled persons gain a better understanding of the green sector and its employment options for a variety of occupations.
Green Economy offers eligible participants a comprehensive program including:
- Individual assessment and support
- Customized action plan for a green sector career path
- Sector specific communication skills
- Sustainability certification training, including a capstone experiential learning project (practicum) conducted with a green economy employer*
- Tours of ongoing green initiatives around the GTA
- Interactive sessions with employers and green sector experts
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Job leads and workplace support
* Sustainability certification training is delivered in partnership with The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University.
Interested applicants can contact our staff at any of these locations:
- 1 Vulcan Street in Etobicoke (Tel. 416-247-7181 ext. 2282)
- 200 Consumers Road in North York (Tel. 416-247-7181 ext. 2345)
This project is funded by the Government of Ontario.